Thursday, May 15, 2008

so long, farewell, auf wiedersein, goodnight.

so the trip is finally drawing to an end; tonight is our last night in Europe. i´ve had a wonderful time here and have had some great experiences...and some great gelato!
there is not much to do in frankfurt-apparently, the allied forces bombed the crap out of it in 1944 so there is not much left here, historically speaking. we wandered around the old part of town that was reconstructed after the war-it was very charming, in a very german way. i like germany-most of the people we have met here have been very kind and i would not be opposed to returning again one day and exploring the country some more.
i bought some amazing chocolate for my family today, so not only to you guys have me to look forward to seeing, but my chocolate as well!
cant wait to see you people tomorrow.
much love
meg

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't know if you'll read this before you fly tomorrow, but I'll do the mom thing and say, "Be safe!" I can't wait to see you (and your chocolate stash) tomorrow. I will wake you when we get in -- if little Nan doesn't do that for me! I hope you girls, Aimee and Rheanna, are safe getting back to SLC, too. It was lovely to see you both.
Bon Voyage!