i think it´s safe to say that we are all a little grumpy today thanks to the small village of eastern european children to stayed at our hostel last nigh-i say ´'stay' and not 'sleep' because i´m pretty sure they did none of that...
it´s rainy and humid again today. yesterday we hit up a modern art museum-there was some pretty cool stuff there. of course they had the picasso exhibit closed off and I couldn´t see Guernica, the piece i was most looking forward to seeing on our visit to madrid. i´m going to be honest-a lot of the stuff in the museum was absolute crap. seriously. all i need is a paint roller and some paint and i too can be an artist...
we did go to this really cool church (one day i´ll put the name on here) that houses frescos painted by Goya. they are absolutely amazing! i´m not a huge Goya fan but i really enjoyed these frecos. it was worth the hour walk.
we also took a small detour to egypt...or rather, egypt took a small (or not) detour to us. Egypt apparently gave spain one of it´s monuments that was supposed to be flooded out when they built a dam in the 80s. we pretended we were egyptian and then had a hot irish guy take our picture.
we actually managed to stay out pretty late last night-made it all the way to 5pm! it´s a new record for us here in Madrid. we had a horrible meal of paella in the hostel and ended up running away from the eating area and back to our room to munch on some pringles, sweet rolls and chocolate that we had bought earlier at the grocery store. spain has not treated us too well, meal wise.
this morning we got up bright and early to catch the train to Segovia only to arrive at the train station and be told (we think, anyways...) that we were at the wrong train station. I would have argued back, but seeing as how I don´t speak the language...
so, here we are. it´s 11am and we are back at the hostel filling you readers in on our lives. I think we are going to go try and catch the train again...keeping our fingers crossed that we end up at the right station this time!
peace out, home skillets.
meg
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Earplugs, girls... EARPLUGS! Get some sleep tonight.
So, the train you missed... was that supposed to take you to Rome? Are you stuck in diners hell for another night? Sacre bleu!
Cheer up charlie. Italy awaits with sunshine and great food a plenty.
I want to know what Aimee see's in your future that is better than the dentist! Not Irish boy, I hope. You know they have a taste for the drink, love.
Peace out.
Is it time for ITALY!!!!!! Volyo saparla dove' (Not spelled right but pronounced, vul-yo sup-ar-la doe-va) english translation... I want to I know where is...
Have Fun! Meghan
Post a Comment