hello again! lots done today-tracked down the church near the musee pompidou and attended sacrament service (in english, natch). it was really cool. then we took the metro out to chateau de vincennes to do some exploring. we then ventured into pere lachaise and found jim morrison and oscar wildes graves. the cemetary was absolutely amazing! it was so beuatiful! tonight we are going to the eiffel tower-now that our tummies are full from yummy pizza we will be able to handle the lines sans grumpiness! im working on getting some pics up here but there arent any outlets to do so...you may just have to wait until we are back. i will say that my garden gnome is quite photogenic and is loving paris...as are the gays in town for the big gay festival. we are all happy and healthy and even saying prayers together in the mornings. we have definitely felt your prayers and are grateful.
well im off to the patisserie to get some yummy treats and then its to la tour eiffel that we go. much love to you.
meg
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Bonjour, ma fille! I'm glad you found the Institute building for your sacrament meeting this morning. (Angelina's is not far from there, but I can't tell you how to get there.) It's good to hear your spirits are lifted today, and I hope the feet are feeling better, too.
So the term, "Gay Paris" is especially pertinent this week, huh? What a colorful scene that must be!
Jenn phoned this morning from the ship. She wanted to let us know they were on their way. She's sick, and they spent $100 on taxi fare trying to find an urgent care open last night in Miami. Gio gave her a blessing of comfort until she can see the ship doctor, and that made my heart swell to know that he is taking such tender care of her.
Brennan and Lisa came in holding hands to finish removing the last of his belongings. That's all I'm going to say about that.
I spoke to Gloria this afternoon, and she is going to follow along with your blog. She sends her love and prayers for you and your friends.
I'm glad you can feel our prayers, because we love you and want you to be safe and protected at all times.
So! You have one more night in Paris? What is on the agenda for tomorrow? Will you try to see Mont San Michele? Versaille? Fontaine Bleu? What pressing decisions one has to make on holiday!
I'm glad your gnome is enjoying Paris. What do you call him? Geromagnome?
Lots of love to you and Aimee and Rheanna. I look forward to reading your blog every day and hearing about your most excellent adventure!
XOXO Mum
I'm so glad you went to Pere Lachaise! It is beautiful isn't it? I had to laugh when I read you ate pizza. My first thought was "no, with all those fun little Parisan neighborhood cafes" but then I recalled that one night when I was in Paris we craved mexican so we ate mexican on the left bank. Whodda thought!?! Keep blogging girls, I'm loving it.
Schwan! I was just looking at my Paris pics and thinking of u...I can't wait to go back. And eat a crepe off one of the side of the street carts for me...can't wait to see all your pics! Be safe!
Post a Comment