Today's great accomplishment was finalizing the last of our hostel reservations! I cannot tell you how happy I am to have that finished! I feel so much better knowing that all of the major stuff is already taken care of-transportation and sleeping arrangements. The rest is gravy...knock on wood. I'm amazed at how much prep work I have done for this trip-researching hostel costs, transportation costs, train and bus schedules, directions to and from various airports, free things to do in each city, etc. I've been watching the market like a hawk, checking forecasts for conversion rates and weeping a little bit every week when I see the dollar drop a bit more. Working with a really tight budget has really made me aware of where every dollar we spend is going. In my opinion, having less cash requires much more planning.
I know that this is a pretty boring post-nothing juicy has really happened yet, so all I have to write about right now is technical behind-the-scenes stuff. In anticipation of what's to come, I leave you with this, my traveling gnome.

xoxo, Meg
1 comment:
So exciting cuz! I want every detail before, during, and after this trip!
When are you leaving?
Post a Comment